UH West Oʻahu Early Admission Program
The University of Hawaiʻi-West Oʻahu provides educational opportunities for high school juniors and seniors through our Early Admission Program. This program encourages high school students to get a jump-start on their college studies while still attending high school. This program is intended to supplement a student’s high school curriculum.
- Junior or senior currently enrolled in high school
- A minimum 2.7 cumulative high school grade point average (GPA)
- Completion of most of the college preparatory courses and high school graduation requirements
- One letter of recommendation from a high school teacher or counselor
Applicants that do not meet the requirements above will also be evaluated on SAT/ACT scores and will be required to submit a personal essay.
APPLYING IS AS EASY AS 1, 2, 3…
Early Admission Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Completed University of Hawaiʻi System Application form (NOTE: please indicate “Early Admission Program” on the UH application form) and UH West Oahu’s Early Admission Program Application form.)
- Official high school transcript
- Letter of recommendation from high school teacher or counselor
- Health Clearances: Tuberculosis (TB) dated within 12 months of the first day of attendance, and Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) 2 shot series. (Clearances are needed to register; not to be admitted)
- If needed, official SAT or ACT Test Scores (if your SAT/ACT score is printed on your official high school transcript, we will accept those test scores as official)
ACT School Code for UH West Oʻahu is 6465
Applicants are expected to submit official records for all admissions requirements. Unofficial, faxed, hand-carried, or student copies of academic documents will not be accepted. Admission application and official documents must be postmarked by the deadline. Other documentation may be required to determine residency status or admissibility.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBERFall:
- Application deadline (both) – June 15
- COMPASS Test – July 1
- Preregistration begins July 1
- Application deadline (both) – October 15
- COMPASS Test – November 1
- Preregistration begins November 30
- Application deadline (both) – April 15
- COMPASS Test – May 1
- Preregistration begins May 1
State of Hawaiʻi/University of Hawaiʻi System Early Admission Program
Running Start is a statewide program that provides an opportunity for academically qualified juniors and seniors to enroll in college classes through the University of Hawaiʻi system as part of their high school coursework. This unique partnership between the Department of Education and the University of Hawaiʻi System allows public high school students to attend college classes during the fall, spring, and summer while earning both high school and college credits. Currently, nine UH campuses participate in Running Start: UH West Oʻahu, UH Hilo and the seven community colleges: Hawaiʻi CC, Honolulu CC, Kapiʻolani CC, Kauaʻi CC, Leeward CC, Maui CC and Windward CC.